I want to get love and harmony tattooed on my body, but I want to make sure they’re both Japanese. I would prefer an actual Japanese person to give me a link to a picture of these symbols. Thanks in advance, I’m well aware there are different variations. I would like the most common ones.
For love i.e. 爱, both Chinese and Japanese have the same characters, because Japanese uses kanji (which are actually Chinese characters). It’s exactly the same for harmony – 和. Japanese kanji and Chinese characters are usually the same. There are no differences, unless you plan on getting the hiragana/katakana for Japanese as a tattoo, which would be weird.
Hope this helps. )
- What is the difference in the style between Chinese calligraphy and Japanese calligraphy?
- what’s the difference between japanese and chinese paintings?
- How do you write "You are very beautiful" using Chinese calligraphy or Kanji?
- Chinese Calligraphy 中國書法 Scroll “Peace Love Joy (和平愛喜)”
- How do i write my name in Japanese and Chinese using calligraphy and the traditional way?